Senior Manager, VO Production Services - Creative & IP Development
Senior Managers at Riot support the process and approach around how we organize work. From request intakes and project tracking to resource management, they ensure Rioters are supported and nurtured while providing opportunities for growth. As a leader of teams, they help concept, improve and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Senior Manager on the Riot Voices team, you will report to the Director of Audio and run point on multiple VO production efforts across Riot. You will help create a shared vision for voiceover, working with teams to establish the tone for voiceover and bring our characters to life. You will manage the full scope of VO production from craft to delivery, IC management, and financial tracking.
- Build a studio-wide strategy for VO production services that aligns with Riot’s vision and goals
- Drive studio wide Voice Over/IP product understanding and communication
- Work with Insights to support VO surveys post release and coordinate retros to share discoveries
- Manage the team contributing to the VO production process (casting, record, and delivery) across Riot’s products
- Support and establish several voice over pipelines for delivery of content
- Ensure individuals supporting our products are working with teams to help establish the tone for products involving VO
- Guide products on Voice Over Budget forecasting
- People management of the VO production team
- Voice over vendor management (establishing contracts, rates, scheduling, and delivery)
- 7+ years experience working in a VO, Gaming, or Production environment
- Knowledge of proper recording studio processes
- Familiarity with industry standard SOWs and able to review invoices against work provided
- Intimate knowledge of interactive media Voice Over, methods, approaches and solutions
- Experience directing VO session and being a facilitator for creative partners
- Experience in casting (ability to find what someone needs rather than what they say they want)
- Experience distinguishing quality of acting and directing in the field of VO work
- A basic familiarity with editing software for audio/ video production: capturing gameplay footage for session reference and review of recorded performances for quality control
- Familiarity with League of Legends and Riot Games IP
- Knowledge of market rates for VO Talent in gaming, marketing, narration, and commercial work
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).