Live Operations Producer III: Live Operations
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
You will operate as a Service Level Manager on Riot's Live Operations Team in this role. You will negotiate and ensure that the Service Level Agreements between product and operations are met. You will make sure that all processes, Operational Level Agreements and Service Level Indicators (SLIs) are appropriate for the agreed service level targets. As the Service Level Manager, you will also monitor and report on service levels. You will report to the Manager of Live Operations Production.
The Service Level Manager role is a consultative role where you will demonstrate your ability to affect change both strategically and tactically. You will draw on your service delivery experience in operational environments as you partner with product and delivery managers and many other technical leaders across Riot. You will create and enforce standards of service that are both best for the player and for the operational health of the company. You are committed to finding creative new ways to improve operational quality and reduce complexity, while still allowing developers to do what they do best and provide players with exciting new content and features.
- Create a service management strategy to serve the needs of our players
- Partner with team/product leaders around Riot to create Service Level Agreements and working agreements where none exist and improve those already in place
- Identify gaps in our service management suite and guide projects to collectively improve technical operations at Riot
- Engage with product teams to review their live service and provide consultation on how they can maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- Create operational improvements by developing, tracking and reporting on the Service Level Indicators to the partners of your Service Level Agreement portfolio
- Communicate the content and metrics involved with Service Level Agreements to all partners across Riot
- Help consult and contribute to the Change, Incident, and Problem management processes at Riot, shaping them for future portfolio growth
- 5+ years managing Service Level Agreement portfolios in a SaaS or IT environment
- Experience running and delivering both established and new services in a live environment
- Experience building and reporting on Service Level Agreement portfolios in a SaaS or IT environment
- Experience implementing or refining ITIL/DevOps practices in a SaaS or IT environment
- Experience delivering complex technical solutions that require coordination across multiple teams
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members through compelling communications, demonstrating operational excellence, empathetic partnership and leading with domain expertise
- Experience representing and sharing information across a wide array of technical expertise and senior members of the organization
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).