Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot Games' Hong Kong Studio is our first international development studio outside Los Angeles. With dim sum tea houses boasting hundred-year histories sitting across the street from modern skyscrapers lighting up the horizon, we're inspired by the city's ability to look forward without forgetting the past. The Hong Kong Studio office towers 72 floors high in the Central district of this major international hub in Asia, giving us a bird's-eye view of the buzzing metropolis and keeping Rioters close to its heartbeat.
Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take an extra step in the Hong Kong Studio to break the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in this region. We believe that removing titles will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot’s Hong Kong Studio to make an impact!
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraint.
That's where you come in.
As QA Leader, you'll support the vision of holistic quality ownership for Hong Kong Studio products. You'll effectively assess and handle the development quality needs of your teams. A forward-thinker, you'll encourage your team to always keep improving and view every obstacle as a chance to make the process better. A master of your craft, you'll be well versed in Agile and the philosophies of Deming and Capers Jones. You'll maintain a culture of growth rooted in learning, strong mentorship, and coaching.
- Experienced: you bring 8-10 years of experience in either game or enterprise software development, or quality management with at 4+ years in a leadership position; being a leader of Agile QA teams is a plus
- A QA Jedi: you know the ins and outs of functional and subjective testing, and are knowledgeable about a variety of testing methodologies, including, but not limited to: compatibility testing, performance testing, unit testing, user experience, test driven development, regression, and acceptance testing
- A progressive problem solver: you're passionate about new ideas and look for the kind of solutions that address whole team quality and prevent the same problems from occurring in the future; you emphasize continuous improvement and encourage team members to find innovative solutions
- Analytically astute: your eye for detail is 20/20; you use your well-honed research and analytical skills to recognize critical player data that others might overlook
- A communications black belt: you know that good leadership is based on good communication, and maintain an open dialog with all team members; your demeanor puts people at ease, and meeting you for the first time feels like meeting an old friend
- An organized leader: you efficiently and effectively keep projects on track by managing the right people, materials, and support needed to get the job done – all at the same time; your well-organized file system facilitates quick action when work situations break bad
- Drive the efforts to build product quality by fostering cultural change for your leadership peers across other disciplines; by leading holistic quality ownership, you'll ensure the sustainable development and delivery of high quality player experiences
- Lead quality ownership on your product and set expectations for product integrity
- Support product excellence by partnering with Engineering, Design, and Art leaders on quality development practices
- Own all aspects of Quality Assurance – both onsite and offsite – through both Riot team members and outside quality partners when necessary
- Assess outside partners and coordinate with them to perform black box testing on features that need additional support
- Work with leadership to maintain an environment focused on mentorship, coaching, and career progression
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.