Development Manager: Infrastructure Platform, Riot Direct
As a Development Manager on the Infrastructure Platform (IP) team, you will lead teams that build and operate everything from the network backbone to the servers in our datacenter and in the cloud, to the services that run the operate the servers globally, to the platform that game developers use to deploy and operate the game at all phases of development while protecting our IP and players experience. This team powers the services and infrastructure behind League of Legends and paving the way for future games. We operate at a scale that challenges us to improve and shorten the time to achieve new features and value to the players.
Within IP, we’re looking for Development Managers who have leadership, technical curiosity, so they manage all aspects of delivery throughout the development and operating lifecycle. They will work with engineering managers and product managers to develop a shared vision to develop our backend infrastructure and services to ensure game teams can meet their needs and so that players have an exceptional experience.
- Manage development schedules and workflows while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers.
- Assess the team's health and composition, striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and active risk management.
- Create and own status reports for partner visibility.
- 2+ years of project/program management experience or equivalent
- Understand how to guide projects through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies with experience leading scrum team(s)
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive and engaging
- Experience with JIRA
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- History with leading remote and distributed teams
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent
- Experience working with vendors
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).