Strategic Project Manager (China)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Strategic Project Manager (China), you will utilize China resources to facilitate better communication between Riot and our China counterpart Tencent. You'll provide two-way visibility to both Riot and our China partner Tencent. You'll act as an internal consultant to identify new areas where synergy can be created. You’ll be working as a project owner to arrange resources, get alignment among key stakeholders and kick off special projects that bring value to players in China.
- Multilingual: you're comfortable conversing in English and Mandarin; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and pissing them off
- A critical thinker: you relish a challenge because you take creative problem-solving in your morning coffee; you use data and research to find the best solutions when metaphorical (and very rarely literal) fires need to be put out
- A great strategist: you employ a holistic approach to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and carefully balance short-term solutions with long-term vision; not even the finest detail escapes your notice, and you take every variable into account, including: project scope, scheduling, redundancy planning, risks, and mitigation
- A mentally agile entrepreneur: you're always looking ahead, and aren't caught off guard by new projects even if you're already juggling a dozen; your plans are built on a solid foundation, so you know you can deliver the right outcome at the right time
- Player-focused: your passion for gaming can be felt in most of your big life decisions, from which computer to buy to where you live (fiber-based internet or nothing); it's this passion for play that drives you to forge deeply real connections with the League community
- Help build Riot's global mindset and awareness in China
- Build player trust in China by establishing clear communication with our local publishing partner Tencent
- Create synergy among different teams as well as pinpoint difficulties during collaborations
- Create a "best practice intelligence library" as well as lead continued enrichment with experience and knowledge
- Kick off new initiatives as a project manager or coach fellow team members
- Be based in LA to better communicate with our art and development teams and help our partner Tencent deliver high quality messages and content to players in China
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.