Senior Technical Artist - Legends of Runeterra
As part of the Technical Art team, you will oversee tool creation and maintenance. Working closely with animation, modeling, engineers and designers, you will uncover new ways to improve workflow, support asset creation and implementation, and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. You will make sure our pipeline is adapting correctly to the creative needs of the product, while also helping inform our creative direction from an art content production view.
As a Senior Technical Artist on LoR you will work with teams and features across the entire game to build memorable events and moments, and develop features that challenge genre conventions and evolve the Legends of Runeterra experience.
- Set-up assets in the engine (meshes, animation blueprints, dynamics)
- Provide technical support to art and animation in both Maya and Unity
- Rig characters and props, working with animators to achieve engaging in-game performance.
- Work with content support teams to maintain a and sustainable approach for memory/performance
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines
- Give and take constructive feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- Work with outsourcers and external teams
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in game development using modern game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Expertise in content creation tools like Maya
- Diagnose and improve real-time 3D graphics
- Be an ambassador between art and engineering
- Experience working with external teams
- Scripting knowledge (Python, C# or C++, etc)
- Experience developing in Unity, Unreal, or other real time 3d engines
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
- Experience with character rigging and animation
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).