Manager, Software Engineering - League, Content Efficiency
Job Id: REQ-0001229
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As an Engineering Manager on the Content Efficiency team, you will be responsible for the staffing and guidance of the team's engineers to make the core suite of tools used in the content development of League of Legends the best they can be. And when we say content, we mean all content! This includes anything from in-game characters and visual effects to platform-specific things like localization and game scripts. For this role, you'll report to a Director of Engineering. You will guide individual contributors on their long journey of career development while collaborating heavily with other teams and disciplines to ensure that our work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those stakeholders while also. Our tools are written in C++ and make heavy use of the QT ecosystem for UI/UX and we also use Python for various utility needs.
- Staff, manage, mentor, lead, and cultivate a team of 5 to 10 software engineers
- Support your team by working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads
- Ensure what we are building is serving the long-term goals of a wide range of content developers
- Manage and coordinate individuals and external stakeholders across the world in multiple time zones
- Design your team makeup, and hire so that it has the skills needed for your goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working in an engineering leadership position on a team shipping large large-scale, modular desktop applications
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software desktop applications with a heavy emphasis on data management
- Experience in one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, Go, C#
- Experience in C/C++ development
- 2+ years of experience in game development
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).