Strategy & Business Operations Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Strategy & Business Operations Manager, you’ll work on diverse strategic topics and collaborate with Rioters across teams and disciplines. Your broad skill sets and sharp business intelligence will help us address some of Riot’s toughest issues. In addition, you will have strategic and operational responsibility to upgrade game publishing services and managing partners/vendors.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Partner with game publishing teams to create insights and frameworks and inform the strategic directions.
- Work with business operation teams to understand and improve the impact of key deals and decisions, such as building operation models and selecting vendors.
- Execute high impact projects addressing multiple dimensions of strategy, such as financial forecasting and go-to-market planning.
- Set up & track business performance metrics and share the results with other Rioters in a clear and illustrative manner.
- Lead, support, and mentor teammates and also help other Rioters to make strategic decisions.
- 8+ years of experience in business strategy and operations, or a top management consulting firm.
- 2+ years of people management experience with leadership and coaching skills.
- Experience in leading complex efforts with multiple stakeholders involved.
- Strong analytical ability and critical thinking skills.
- Fluent in English; strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Organized, outcome-focused, and comfortable with running multiple work streams.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master Degree in a relevant field from top institutions preferred.
- Passionate about games and player experience. Able to empathize with the joys and plights of players.
- Able to work under and handle ambiguity.
- Self-directed, independent thinker who is also adept at cross-functional collaboration.