Merch Web Content Associate
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Merch Web Content Associate, you're a direct gateway between players and Riot Games Merch's web presence worldwide. When we release new merch products, promotions, and experiences, you'll partner closely with the merch web, product, publishing, and player support teams to deliver awesome experiences across the Riot Games Merch websites worldwide for players. You'll play a dynamic role on a cross-functional team, with the potential to work on and manage a variety of web and digital projects.
- Player-focused: you care about and understand your impact on the player experience because you're a player too; your passion for LoL is what inspires you to create seamless, player-worthy web experiences
- A workflow wiz: you're a master of process, able to simplify the complex, organize chaos, separate or combine tasks, and get more out of less to finish the job; you understand where the links in the chain should go, hooking together often overlooked opportunities and partnerships
- An internet tinkerer: you've been a web content wrangler in a previous role, have chalked up a few years of content planning and execution for multi-language brands, and are comfortable navigating content management systems
- Code literate: HTML and CSS are like a second language to you (bonus points if you also have experience with JS and other languages)
- A QA champion: you understand the importance of quality and obsess over any potential mistakes, spotting and squashing them without pause
- Globally minded: you're curious about international regions' cultures and thrilled by the idea of working on web projects that excite all players around the world
- Proactive: you don't wait for task lists and solutions to come to you – you actively pursue, engage and question; you thrive in ambiguity
- Communicative: you know how to transform creative ideas into concrete language that's clear to your team, internal stakeholders and outside partners; you're the air traffic controller that helps keep ideas moving toward reality while holding all parties accountable
- Manage, coordinate, and publish website content, watch the publishing calendar to ensure deadlines are met, adapt to incoming changes, and support the team to deliver high-quality web experiences
- Create content through adept HTML, CSS, and JS in our content management system and keep a sharp eye out for errors pre- and post-publishing of content
- Be a central source of information and knowledge about all Riot Games Merch web experiences; organize and share assets, localized copy and content with appropriate lead times to partner teams, keeping them informed of rollout timelines and any scheduling changes
- Track content performance and compile analytics to better inform how well Riot reaches and informs players
- Identify, then propose improvements for the publishing workflow, content presentation, and how we work as a global team
- Review content and correct all style, copy, layout, and HTML errors encountered
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.