Senior Software Engineer - Production Engineering
Production Engineering at Riot is challenged with diving into our most ambiguous technology spaces between games, central services and infrastructure to solve our availability and visibility challenges as Riot continues to grow into a multi-game ecosystem. To succeed as a Senior Engineer on this team you will need to partner with any engineering team at Riot on multiple technical stacks. You will report to the Head of Live Engineering at Riot.
As a Senior Engineer you will work on a large scope of architecture at Riot. You will design solutions to help teams implement standards you have established to make services easier to operate and maintain. You'll partner with technical leads across Riot.
You're right for this role if the idea of working on high impact, high visibility, high expectation projects that provide demonstrated availability improvements for our players excites you. You love building iterative approaches to problems and know how to compromise between ideal solutions and practical outcomes. You believe that just because things are hard doesn't mean they aren't worth doing.
- Design and modify services to enhance availability and visibility
- Establish meaningful, long lived, standards across multiple technical stacks
- Provide emergent support and maintenance to existing platforms
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code review for other members of the team
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with API design using REST
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer
- 2+ Years working in a Site Reliability capacity
- Experience with designing, prioritizing and maintaining high-capacity, high-availability, and high-performant software, especially back-end services
- Familiarity with Site Reliability best practices
- Experience working in container-based ecosystems and with a container scheduler (e.g. Marathon, Mesos, Kubernetes, GKE, or Amazon ECS)
- Experience with distributed systems, specifically microservices
- Have created technical standards and agreements in a multi-team environment
- Understand relational databases like MySQL
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, especially Jenkins
- Understand software performance and influence latency in online games
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).