Strategic Finance II - Creative Department
Job Id: REQ-0001429
The Central Creative team supports and empowers Creatives at scale by providing meaningful tools, services, and expertise across all of Riot's Creative's endeavors. We aim for Riot's Creatives to set the bar and surprise and delight players and fans to make Riot the number one choice for Creatives in the industry.
As a Strategic Finance II, you will report to the Senior Manager of the Creative Department. You will help support Creative leadership and the Teams within. You will be focused on building financial reporting, maintaining data integrity, developing financial guidance and processes, and driving collaboration to help promote Riot Creative's goals.
- Work with Creative leadership to create tools, standardized reports and establish best practices around financial reporting
- Be the primary Finance partner for Creative Leadership, Creative Operation, Creative Products, and Creative Service groups
- Monitor business unit P&Ls, compare forecasts to actuals and work with the Strategic Finance team to ensure efficient resource allocation (headcount and financial)
- Manage financial forecasting process to monitor and report on performance against plans
- Solve financial challenges (data, process, analytical) and align partners around recommendations that lead to the best operational outcomes
- Work with vendors and service providers to build projects such as cost benchmarking and defining cost attribution processes when onboarding new solutions
- Partner with central Finance, Tax and Treasury, Accounting and Purchasing functions to service Creative's needs
- Create projections and scenarios for multi-year investments into tooling and services to support the decision-making process for senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years (or 4+ years with an MBA) of professional experience in Finance, Consulting, or other related experience with exposure to financial analysis, modeling and planning
- Experience addressing strategic and operational challenges and evaluate options from a variety of lenses
- A broad and deep experience in strategic financial modeling and financial planning & analysis (FP&A), and an understanding of Accounting, Tax and Treasury considerations
- A working knowledge of creative development practices. You have spent considerable time with a Creative Development team and have a base knowledge of entertainment products.
- 2+ years working with Creative Development teams and a base knowledge of entertainment products.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).