Senior Manager, Accounting
Job Id: REQ-0001499
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As Senior Manager, Accounting, reporting to the Director, Accounting, you will help develop core operation processes within Accounting. This new leadership role within the corporate accounting department will oversee general accounting functions. You will be hands-on, understand accounting operations, and have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally. You will also play an important leadership role in the Accounting organization around change management, improving processes, scaling accounting, company infrastructure, and operations.
- Participate in and direct our monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, and trend analysis for accounts such as prepaid expenses, fixed assets, certain accruals, and other areas
- Oversee aspects of accounting management, including accounts payable operations
- Ensure all financial data is in compliance with US GAAP
- Provide expertise on the implementation of accounting policies and the accounting for complex transactions
- Develop roadmaps for implementing/improving processes to grow the accounting function and safeguard assets
- Perform technical accounting research and evaluation of non-recurring accounting transactions, including documentation of accounting conclusions
- Manage a performance-oriented accounting organization that can grow with the business
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a senior corporate accounting role
- Experience leading accounting operations, monthly accounting close, and preparation of financial reports
- Experience with US GAAP, business processes, and internal controls
- Multinational technology or entertainment experience
- Operational experience
- CPA (or equivalent) license
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP systems, i.e. Oracle
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).