Director, Global Diversity & Inclusion
Job Id: REQ-0001533
The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) team is amplifying diverse voices and promoting an inclusive environment across Riot. Riot's mission is to be the most player-focused gaming company in the world. To achieve our mission, we must reflect the ideas, experiences, and backgrounds of our players. Our D&I organization enables our mission by attracting great talent and ensuring every Rioter has experiences that allow them to do their best.
As Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion, reporting to the Chief Diversity Officer, you will manage the implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion projects to support Riot's D&I strategy. You will promote the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. You will promote global D&I programs that support our workforce diversity, inclusiveness, and retention opportunities.
- Manage the D&I strategy for Riot, including the integration of diversity and values into core people and business processes
- Create D&I strategies in partnership with People teams as it relates to recruitment, leadership development, performance management, and employee engagement/retention
- Partner with HR to strengthen the D&I operating model and ensure D&I is integrated into People plans and Center of Excellences
- Provide recommendations and actions to promote representation of women and people of color
- Partner with HRBPs and business leaders to build annual D&I goals and plans that achieve results based on regional needs
- Be a strategic advisor and expert to senior leaders on appropriate channels and content
- Craft policies, programs, and other resources to educate employees about diversity and inclusion standard methodologies and behaviors
- Develop and analyze metrics on an established schedule to measure progress and effectiveness of the diversity and inclusion strategy
- Provide tools, systems, and actions to ensure behaviors are aligned with our values
- Oversee governance structure to align and promote that the goals of diversity & inclusion are prioritized and implemented
- Provide oversight for all internal diversity and inclusion programs and policies, including Rioter Resource Groups (RIGs) and activities
- Oversee strategy and effectiveness of our Rioter Resource Groups (RIGs), councils, and international D&I groups providing coaching and thought partnership on programming
- Develop all enterprise strategies, programs, training, and frameworks aimed at improving and promoting a culture based on values, belonging, and inclusion
- Design a system or tools to measure the acceptance and movement of culture issues
- Develop a network of values champions, providing coaching and leadership to support their culture change efforts
- Oversee daily operations of all programs related to the initiative, applying structured methodology to lead change management activities
- Oversee the communication strategy of a comprehensive internal D&I program
- Work in partnership with a global D&I leadership team to implement D&I programs and solutions that become embedded in the DNA of Riot
- Lead a team of D&I partners in the development of Riot's D&I strategy
- Incorporate global perspectives to implement D&I programs at global scale
- Develop partnerships to enhance Riot's position in the gaming industry and esports
- Represent Riot within the gaming industry and beyond to grow our reputation as an employer of choice for diverse talent
- Lead gaming industry council efforts to showcase Riot as a leader in the gaming industry
- 12+ years experience in the areas of influence; change leadership; or diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy with experience implementing successful programs
- Experience planning and leading global programs at scale with an established point of view on the intersection of US and global D&I programs
- Experience advising C-Suite clients on diversity, equity, and inclusion communications projects, and leading programs from concept to completion
- Experience leading teams across geographic and organizational boundaries
- Experience leading through influence and inspiration, with the ability to use relationships to promote results
- Collaborative with the ability to structure mutually beneficial partnerships
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).