Technical Program Manager II - Riot Developer Experience
Job Id: REQ-0001567
Technical Program Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to provide player value through work systems and practices. While driving internal agreement and accountability for teams and development organizations, we are focusing on improvement.
As a Technical Program Manager on the Riot Developer Experience Team, you will oversee all aspects of delivery throughout the development life cycle. You will embed on teams and work with teams as the execution arm for engineering and program management. Your work will ensure that our teams can fulfill our commitments to Infrastructure Platform and Riot Games.
You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Technical Program Management.
- Work with the Engineering Managers to accomplish team roadmap and fulfill the vision of Infrastructure Platform.
- Assess the team's health, and composition, striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Manage development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers.
- Assess a team's current situation and adapt planning processes, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery.
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and active risk management.
- Help guide team agreement on decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed.
- Organize conversations with teams and bring resolutions to issues.
- Create and own informational status reports for high visibility programs.
- 3+ years of project/program management experience or equivalent.
- Certified Scrum Master Certification.
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive, engaging.
- Understand how to guide projects through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Guide teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups.
- Prior success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and all customers.
- Experience managing projects/tasks, project planning, and schedule development.
- Experience with Jira.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Jira's "Structure".
- Certified in Scaled Agile or working knowledge of Scaled Agile frameworks.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).