Senior Strategist - VALORANT Esports
Job Id: REQ-0001572
You will work as part of a team to develop strategies to develop our esports ecosystem. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Strategy, you will manage our strategy and insights. You will be a source of innovation to guide esports forward at Riot — embracing partnership, encouraging growth in the ecosystem, and creating new approaches to face the challenges of the future. You will be a representative of our sport to the industry, partners, and fans.
- You will work with the Competitive Operations, Broadcast, Events, and Publishing teams to ensure that our decision-makers are armed with information about our sport and will make the best decisions possible
- You will help create the business model for our sport — balancing media, sponsorship, franchising, and direct-to-consumer revenue.
- You will use data and players' insights to find opportunities, track results, and guide decision-making around product and fans' experience.
- You will be an expert and trusted advisor, helping teams prioritize and remove obstacles to ensure product launches.
- You have 6+years experience in the field of sports consulting or strategy consulting
- You have experience achieving excellent results working with diverse teams
- You have experience defining goals and building data instrumentation systems to track metrics
- You have experience in the sports or esports industry
- You have expertise in the esports business
- You have experience leading successful contractual negotiations
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).