Principal Information Systems Engineer (Jira) - Information Technology, IT Work Systems
Job Id: REQ-0001725
As a Principal Information Systems Engineer, you will report to a Manager, Information Technology in Los Angeles, California. Your role will be to manage a portfolio of Work Management tools on a daily basis while evolving this portfolio over time. You will contribute to Riot Games realizing its multi-year Work Management vision of making it easy to work at Riot Games and to work with Riot Games. You will help build the team and network of vendors to help achieve this vision.
As Riot Games expands the creative expressions of its worlds, you will work with leaders in every studio at Riot Games, including unreleased projects and non-gaming ventures. You will support a complex ecosystem of geographically distributed teams and processes with one goal in mind: empower these teams to focus on doing their best work.
- Oversee the Riot Games Jira environments and advise on configurations to grow and support Jira across diverse uses cases and a globally distributed user base
- Establish and operate the tool integration/orchestration strategy to ensure seamless multi-tool processes, for both Riot Games internally and also Riot Games with its 3rd party partners. This integration is not limited to Work Management tools
- Implement Access Models for Work Management tools that automate access, reduce support overhead, and protect Riot's Intellectual Property
- Manage and review the work that needs to be completed by team members and 3rd party vendors
- Work with the Work Management Product Lead to manage a portfolio of work management tools and periodically review the portfolio to ensure it meets the needs of Rioters, review new tools requested by Rioters, and manage tool sprawl while giving teams the means to maximize player value
- 10+ years experience in work management or related fields
- Expert proficiency with Atlassian Jira Software and its most popular add-ons (Automation, ScriptRunner, Structure)
- Experience integrating systems and building integration products with both on-premise and SaaS form factors
- Advanced proficiency in SaaS work management tools such as Airtable and Trello (or equivalent)
- Experience leading and driving large multi-person technical efforts from creation to outcomes
- Experience mentoring individuals in their craft or discipline, and growing them into seniority
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- Excellent English language skills: you are comfortable presenting to large audiences and excel at writing in-depth application how-tos, documenting processes, and producing user-facing documentation
- Advanced proficiency with Confluence
- Experience with Multi-tool Integration platforms such as TaskTop and Unito (or equivalent)
- Experience in Portfolio Management, Financial Planning, Capacity Management
- Experience in Agile frameworks such as SAFe and LeSS (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).