Manager, Technical Art - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0001574
As a Manager of Technical Art, you will determine the technical art needs across all of the different creative and technical teams on a game. You will partner with the Art Director to inform on best practices and pipelines, workflow, and asset production so artists can work without technical hurdles in production. Additionally, you will work with fellow Managers of Technical Art and Technical Art Directors across the studio to ensure healthy and consistent best practices and support across the discipline.
As a Manager, Technical Art on LoR you will work with teams and features across the entire game to build memorable events and moments, and develop features that challenge genre conventions and evolve the Legends of Runeterra experience
- Work with product leadership to develop a long-term strategy to maintain and evolve the art workflows for your product
- Lead teams in identifying new opportunities to incorporate technology to increase art workflow efficiency and unlock new creative opportunities
- Amplify the team's artistic capabilities while maintaining efficient and sustainable memory and performance
- Ensure technical support to art and animation in both Maya and Unity across the product
- Prototype new products and build asset generation pipelines to support them
- Manage a team of technical artists through performance and growth opportunities
- Work with recruiting and art leadership to establish and support the growth, staffing, and resource allocation of the technical art discipline over time
- Work with IT and other technical organizations across the company to ensure understanding and support for product
- Build close relationships with the artists and engineers you work alongside with to understand their needs and provide leadership on tool and pipeline development
- Partner with other Managers of Technical Art and Technical Art Directors at the studio to develop a cohesive vision and shared standards across the discipline
- Work with our external partner studios to develop the pipelines, tools and guidance they need to provide high quality assets
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Experience with 3D math, game engines, and a fundamental understanding of UX/UI principles when applied to tool development
- Expertise with Maya and authoring Maya tools with Python/C++
- Experience developing games, prototypes or tools in Unity using C#
- Experience working with multiple source control tools such as git and perforce
- Experience with and commitment to building long-term maintainable, testable, portable, and stable systems
- Act as an ambassador between art, engineering, and production
- Experience defining and implementing team strategies
- Experience authoring pipeline tool sets for lighting, shaders, and content optimization
- Experience translating artistic requirements into sustainable workflow design
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
- Experience working in animation and rigging
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).