Network Engineer - Riot Direct
Job Id: REQ-0001733
Network Engineers at Riot help support our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. Your specializations could include a functional understanding of networking, or operating systems such as Linux, or Windows, or experience with infrastructure and hardware areas such as databases, provider networking, data center networking, or data centers.
As a Network Engineer on the Riot Direct team, you will manage the complete life cycle of our transport network. This means you will plan, design, deploy and operate and iterate over existing infrastructure to give our players the best experience possible. Our primary goal is to support the player experience and that of our internal customers. You will also help develop tooling to make it easier for our customers to consume these network and cloud resources.
- Troubleshoot production issues at Riot scale
- Implement new solutions, and designs in a vendor agnostic manner
- Contribute to the evolution of our network monitoring platforms
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning.
- Level up your peers
- 3+ years experience within network delivery and operational support
- In-depth experience with BGP
- Experience with the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Understanding of MLPS, IS-IS
- CCNP/JNCIP (enterprise routing/switching, data center/service provider focus); AWS Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty
- Experience with Python
- Experience with security appliances
- Experience operating a Service Provider Network
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better. It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't meet every one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!