Senior Director, Production, Operations - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0001706
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our digital card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. You will work across all disciplines to ensure the project team is effective. The Senior Director, Production, Operations is a member of the Legends of Runeterra Leadership team and reports to the Executive Producer.
The Senior Director, Production, Operations manages all operations across the Legends of Runeterra business, including game, team, and talent operations. Through a partnership with other team leaders, the Operations Director must translate the goals of the business and game vision into both strategic and execution plans, driving the "how" of the work that happens across the business. You are essentially the "Chief Operating Officer" of the Legends of Runeterra business.
- Develop the operational strategy of the Legends of Runeterra business and create work systems to be used throughout the team.
- Develop rituals wherein teams review their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures
- Work with Riot's talent organization to ensure we have staffed, happy and motivated teams, while informing and integrating compensation, performance, and job architecture best practices.
- Ensure partners and customers are always up-to-date on what's going on regarding what commitments have been made and how the delivery is going.
- Represent Legends Of Runeterra across Riot, communicating your staff, service, and tooling needs.
- Manage the department and discipline leads that don't report to the Executive Producer, supporting them in their management of Rioters on Legends of Runeterra.
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture, and conflict management within and between teams
- Able to pivot and be flexible to business needs.
- If applicable, ensure that co-development relationships are managed.
- 10+ years of production experience in a dynamic professional environment such as games, tech, entertainment/media, etc.
- 4+ years of game development experience with at least 3 years in a people leadership role shipping games on multiple platforms
- 2+ years managing a co-development or outsourcing relationship
- Experience with various development methodologies and their applications (e.g. Agile software development, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in product management and using prioritization schemes
- Experience translating product vision into operating strategy an organization design
- Experience delivering content in a live game
- Passion and affinity for the CCG genre
You will find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).