Strategic Finance II - Entertainment, RMG
Job Id: REQ-0001911
Riot Games Music Group ("RMG") supports, empowers, and unleashes creatives at scale by providing meaningful resources, services, and expertise across all of Riot's Creative's endeavors that require support with awesome music. We aim for Riot's creatives to consistently set the bar and surprise and delight players and fans in all mediums to ultimately make Riot the number one choice for Creatives in the industry.
As a Strategic Finance II, you'll report to the Sr. Manager, Strategic Advisory. You'll assist with all aspects of our operations including system setup and policy enforcement.you'll partner with Riot Music Group and Riot Entertainment leadership to build relevant strategic and financial plans, monitor performance against plans, and implement improvements to financial systems to support better decision making. Your financial craft expertise and management experience, coupled with an understanding of the music and entertainment industry, will help you work with and help many teams across Riot Entertainment as you improve the reporting, understanding and management of production costs and music revenue. You'll also lead the production accounting process working with different accounting teams to make sure RMG is meeting all the financial reporting and payment obligations.
- Manage P&L and maintain financial records during music production working with producers, talent agencies, and digital distribution platforms
- Process and track payroll, royalties, transaction fees for songwriters, and musical performers by working with 3rd party billing aggregators, record labels and talent agencies
- Review weekly cost reports, cash flow projections and funding for compliance, along with final cost statements to recommend financial and operational solutions and improvements
- Work with Riot legal and external counsels to ensure that all guild, labor, and payroll guidelines are being followed and transactions are recorded
- Perform account reconciliations on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and resolve accounting discrepancies
- Partner with payment aggregators to collect revenue and share royalties with songwriters and record labels ensuring all the financial activities are completed within deadlines
- Work with Riot's purchasing department to onboard new vendors, while maintaining those within the system to expedite the internal purchasing process through final vendor payment
- Support Strategic Finance plans for Riot Music Group and Riot Entertainment Group
- Work with leadership in RMG and Riot Entertainment to create tools, standardize reports, and establish best practices around financial reporting
- Monitor department P&Ls, track forecasts to actuals, and work with the Strategic Finance team to ensure efficient resource allocation (headcount and financial)
- Manage financial forecasting as part of Riot's strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process; monitor and report on performance against plans
- Create projections and scenarios for multi-year investments into tooling and services to support the decision-making process for senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of professional experience in Finance or other related experience with exposure to financial analysis, modeling and planning
- Deep experience in strategic financial modeling and financial planning and analysis (FP&A), and an understanding of Accounting, Tax and Treasury considerations
- MBA and 2+ years experience
- Working knowledge of best practices and operational standards in the music industry or developing music projects in the past
- Experience addressing strategic and operational challenges and evaluate options from a variety of lenses
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).