Sr. Manager, Program Management - Connected Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0001940
XP is a product and publishing team focused on driving and creating "Riot moments" across our games, community, entertainment and sport. In addition to driving the large campaign efforts, we identify opportunities for synergistic cross-portfolio moments while driving on process improvements to make these efforts more efficient in the future. Lastly we are a strike force that R&D's new business capabilities ahead of the launch of new businesses or important projects. Our core work ethos is positive partnership and collaboration - building close ties across the organization to help understanding, progress, and awesomeness.
As the Sr. Manager, XP (Connected Experiences) Programs Management, reporting to the Director, Product Management, you will be responsible for Cross-Riot program operations - ensuring XP and WWP has the right processes and capabilities to effectively and deliberately move cross-riot programs through different lifecycle stages (discovery, greenlight, pre-production, production etc).
You will partner with many stakeholders and leaders to design and implement the right processes, and will be directly responsible (potentially via building a team) for managing program delivery and/or cross-Riot visibility. While you will not have direct oversight over the products within the programs you manage, you will rely on process and influence to drive to the right outcomes.
- Define, implement and operate program management processes for XP programs holistically (including requirements gathering, planning, delivery and post-mortems/learning, as well as roadmap maintenance and presenting status updates to relevant stakeholders)
- Integrate XP planning and delivery processes with the rest of Riot BUs and products
- Co-responsible for designing and directly responsible for implementing and operating XPproduct/campaign lifecycle process, including but not limited to product greenlight process
- Responsible for actual program delivery, in partnership with key other program management leads (s.a creative lead, business & strategy lead). Regularly monitor and present senior leadership with the status of programs and key projects and proactively advise on and manage risks and constraints (budgets, timelines, scope)
- Responsible for creating accountability systems for heads of productions for each workstream within XP or XP programs to ensure delivery and alignment
- Support XP production teams on their production processes via mentoring, coaching, sharing best practices, providing feedback or helping unblock issues
- Depending on organizational needs, hire and manage a team of project or program managers to execute on the above.
- Own additional centralized productions capabilities as need arises (s.a. Localization processes), either directly or via hiring a team to do it / outsourcing externally or to another part of the organization
- Assist XP leadership team in the overall operations of the group as needed, including advising or assisting on the group-level processes and artifacts, integrating with other internal and external processes s.a. SPF, staffing planning, vendor management and more
- 3-5+ years of publishing/marketing production experience, ideally in the cross-promotional space and reaching a management/senior level in production craft
- 3-5+ years of PMO experience, preferably on products with a live service component, ideally in a management/leadership role
- 5-10+ years of leading successful teams in a production capacity, preferably throughout all stages of the production lifecycle (discovery, pre-production, production, launch, and full operation). Includes creating and managing production plans, schedules and budgets/forecasts, outsourcing, and delivering high-quality results that meet both the creative and technical goals of the product
- 3-5+ years of experience in managing production leaders, building healthy, diverse and inclusive teams (recruiting, hiring, forming, norming, firing), designing and implementing effective organizational design, and growing and enabling IC program managers to reach their full potential
- 3-5+ years of working in the games industry, ideally within marketing and/or development
- 3-5+ years of working in the entertainment industry, ideally within the publishing and cross-promotional marketing space
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).