League Operations Manager - Global Esports, Wild Rift
Job Id: REQ-0001981
As the Sr. Manager of League Operations, Wild Rift Esports, you will lead competitive operations for Wild Rift Esports globally.
Reporting to the Director of League Operations, you will design competitive policies, set global standards for match operations and create programs to develop the Wild Rift Esports ecosystem.
- You will lead a small team that fosters a competitive global ecosystem for the sport — through direct operations, partner management, and collaboration with international Riot esports teams.
- You will design and manage the competitive seasonal structure, format, and schedule for Wild Rift Esports globally.
- You will write and oversee the ruleset for all Wild Rift Esports global tournaments.
- You will manage teams and athletes' participation documentation, including team agreements and contracts.
- You will oversee the development of a code of conduct, set player discipline expectations, and track league operation issues, including infractions and associated penalties.
- You will advise regional esports teams on all aspects of match logistics, referring, and pro-player support.
- You have 8+ years of experience in the field of sports consulting, management, or media/entertainment.
- You have 4+ years of experience managing teams.
- You have a legal or compliance background and ideally have practiced law.
- You can use your excellent written and verbal communication skills to work and negotiate with all partners and sponsors.
- You have experience participating in sports or competitive gaming
- You have experience leading successful contractual negotiations.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).