Business Development and Partnerships Manager II - Global Esports
Job Id: REQ-0001697
For every global event produced by VALORANT Esports, there are premiere partners that help us bring amazing experiences for our live audience, the fans watching at home and our pro players and teams. These invaluable sponsors provide the resources and expertise that allow us to provide the world’s fastest growing esport to millions of fans across the globe with an eye towards continuous innovation and growth and a commitment to elevating the fan experience. From weekly content pieces to the fan being flown to the World Finals to meet her heroes, our sponsors do it all. But they can’t do it alone, and that is where our Global Esports Business Development and Partnerships Team comes in. The Global Esports Business Development Team & Partnerships Team attracts, services and retains our partners, acting as brand ambassadors of Riot Games to external parties and as emissaries of our partners to our fans, pro players, and teams.
As a Partnership Manager on the global team, you will be the main point of contact for our partners, managing their campaigns and helping to drive the vision for how our partners express their brand vision through our global events: three Global Masters Tournaments and the crowning of the world’s best at our end of year World Champion’s Tournament. Your duties will cover the full breadth of a sponsor’s activation, from planning and ideation to execution of broadcast placements, social media, experiential and more. You understand and advocate for our sponsors’ objectives while keeping your finger on the pulse of what the sport needs and what excites our fans, delivering a win-win-win for our partners, our community, and Riot.
Sponsor Campaign Management
- Serve as the main Riot point of contact for all aspects of partners’ sponsorship marketing campaign, from ideation and planning to execution
- Help develop sponsor solutions, assets, and activation ideas for sponsor campaigns across all VALORANT Esports touchpoints (broadcast, content, onsite, social, web, etc), with the goal of maximizing resonance, engagement, and positive perception among VALORANT Esports viewers
- Coordinate with Broadcast, Content, Business Development, Events, Marketing, Social Media, PR, & Player Management to execute the various facets of the partner campaign. Examples include brainstorming on broadcast activations with Broadcast team; trafficking necessary assets to graphic designers for branded integrations, coordinating with Social Media for sponsor social amplification, working with Marketing & BD on sponsor asset creation & VALORANT Esports IP usage, etc.
- Ensure all sponsorship agreements are fulfilled and executed per sponsor agreements
Live Event Support
- Collaborate with partners, event venue staff, and VALORANT Esports Events teams to plan and coordinate all sponsor on-site activation plans
- Be the live event onsite lead for partners. During live events, be the on-the-ground support for sponsor onsite experiential marketing, including ensuring signage, booth, and hospitality obligations are fulfilled.
- Coordinate memorable hospitality experiences for VIP partners
- Actively manage all milestones, tasks, and dependencies across all relevant Esports functions, Riot agencies, and sponsors
- Consistently communicate and coordinate with sponsors to ensure all details within campaign are executed within scope and on time
- Track fulfillment and analyze and communicate quantitative and qualitative metrics related to a campaign
- Manage day-to-day client relationships with existing partners
- Serve as the main point of contact for all sponsor questions, concerns, planning, and execution
- Ensure that partners’ experience with VALORANT Esports is top notch in all aspects
- Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years prior experience in partnership management, account management, sponsorship sales and fulfillment, or equivalent
- Passion and experience in Sports, Gaming, Experiential or Media Agency sectors are a big plus
- You are an adept problem solver and able to react quickly and provide strategic, sound solutions in a dynamic environment
- You are a solid communicator (both written and oral), have extraordinary interpersonal skills and customer orientation - you are able to relay information at all levels within the company, as well as with sponsors, agencies, venues, etc
- You have incredible attention to detail and meticulous planning and organization skills
- You know how to foster, manage, and maintain business relationships, and will represent Riot to external partners
- You’re able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in an ambitious, dynamic environment
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).