Software Engineer III - Central Tech BizOps & SA
Job Id: REQ-0002060
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Tech BizOps + SA team, you will lead the development of software solutions that augment Central Tech’s ability to efficiently and effectively deliver data and information to internal and 3rd party customers.
Your initial focus is to take from ideation to production an end-user Portal for Central Tech customers. This portal will be the point of engagement and medium for providing our customers details into their Central Tech services across financials, security, and usage.
In addition, we would like to use this Central Tech Customer Portal (CTCP) to deliver business visibility and recommendations that are informative and actionable. Ultimately, we would like to have consolidated customer views, which customers can “double-click” to learn granular details.
You will report into the Tech BizOps + SA Engineering Manager, based in Shanghai, China.
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation of a Customer Portal
- Have a deep hands-on understanding of, and be accountable for, the quality and maintainability of your team’s codebase
- Set clear work expectations for your team via alignment with stakeholders
- Uphold software engineering best practices, including design + code reviews, coding standards, tool improvements, and test/build/deploy processes
- Drive decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Drive collaboration and understanding across cross-disciplinary, geographically distributed, and multicultural teams
- Assist in recruiting, developing and coaching the broader team
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of software engineering principles
- Experience as a Technical Leader with the ability to set technical vision
- Expertise with Web Frontend + Backend + Data Engineering, and relevant tech
- Experience leading, growing, and coaching an engineering team
- Experience developing large-scale systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working with Product and Design teams
- Experience with Game Development technologies, like C++, Unity or Unreal
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).