Senior Manager, Accounting (Entertainment)
Job Id: REQ-0002067
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As a Senior Manager of Accounting (Entertainment), reporting to the Director of Accounting, you will manage the accounting operations and be the liaison for our daily accounting activities for the Entertainment group. you'll need to be hands-on and understand accounting operations.
You will also play an important leadership role in the Accounting organization around change management, improving processes scaling accounting, company infrastructure and operations.
- Oversee the daily accounting operations, including execution of operational accounting policy and general ledger responsibilities for the Entertainment group
- Develop roadmap for implementing/improving processes to grow the accounting function and safeguard assets
- Provide expertise on the implementation of accounting policies and the accounting for complex transactions
- Review draft contracts to ensure smooth technical accounting and operational use
- Manage the monthly financial close process, ensuring financial results are complete, prepared, materially correct and reported to executive management
- Manage participations and residuals process
- Oversee system design and implementation and partner with technology operations team to build accounting systems
- Evaluate the intricate business environment and recommend reports or important performance metrics and management dashboards to provide insight into accounting operations
- Hire and manage a performance-oriented accounting organization, able to grow with the business
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- A combination of 10+ years of progressive experience in a senior corporate accounting role within entertainment industry and Big 4 entertainment experience
- Experience with US GAAP (especially entertainment industry guidance), business processes and internal controls
- Successfully grow a team of experienced accounting professionals
- Hands-on experience in leading accounting operations, monthly accounting close and preparation of financial reports
- Operational experience
- CPA (or equivalent) license
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP systems, preferably Oracle
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).