Strategic Finance II (Financial Associate)
Job Id: REQ-0002058
The Corporate Finance team at Riot is dedicated to helping Riot's most senior leadership make the best decisions for Players. Our team contains experts from a variety of finance backgrounds with a shared dedication to providing Riot leaders with an understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us creating decision frameworks, communicating findings, playing games, or upgrading our knowledge. There's always something to improve, and we're always challenging ourselves.
As Strategic F II (Financial Associate), reporting to the Senior Manager of Strategic Finance on the Corporate Finance team, you will be a trusted adviser to the executive leadership team at Riot Games. You will use your wizardry to advise Riot's leadership on better decision making from a strategic and financial lens. You will navigate through ambiguous strategic issues and your experience in finance sets you up for a role that demands both. Our customers are the senior decision makers in the business (CEO, President, COO, CPO, and Board of Directors) and our goal is to arm them with the information they need to make the correct strategic decisions for Riot.
- Monitor the health of Riot's consolidated financials and find recommendations to be presented to Riot's executive leadership team
- Provide leadership and the Board of Directors with regular reporting to arm them with all the relevant information they need to make informed, strategic decisions for the business
- Manage our forecasting process which will involve coordinating with business leaders and global Finance team members to ensure we have an accurate view of Riot's financial future
- Create Riot's Board of Directors presentation materials, which includes a comprehensive overview of all business operations
- Build dynamic and unique financial models that range from M&A transactions, refinancing scenarios, and valuation modeling – we are the in-house strike-team for the CFO, so anything is fair game
- Establish and maintain our financial reporting and forecast software platform
- Provide financial analytics and support to the broader finance team at Riot
- 3 or more years of experience in finance, consulting or corporate strategy
- Create reports and presentations that are easily understood
- Financial modeling experience and solid accounting foundation with an ability to easily translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Experience working with and presenting to C-level executives
- Background in banking, consulting, private equity firms, or corporate FP&A at a medium-large company
- 2 or more years of experience with a Masters of Business Administration
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).