Technical Artist II: Generalist - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0002115
Technical Artists on Legends of Runeterra play an integral role in the development of the game and the ecosystem that surrounds it. Working closely with animation, modeling, engineers and designers, you will uncover new ways to improve workflow, support asset creation and implementation, and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality throughout the project. As a support, you will make sure our pipeline is adapting correctly to the creative needs of the product, while also helping inform our creative direction from an art content production view.
- Provide guidance and support for the implementation of in-game assets and systems.
- Build tools, expand pipelines, and provide technical support to art and animation in both Maya and Unity
- Occasionally rig characters and props, working closely with animators to meet both artistic and technical goals for newly animated assets.
- Work with content support teams to maintain an efficient and sustainable approach for memory/performance
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines backed by good documentation.
- Consistently give and take constructive feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- Work with outsourcers and external teams, assisting them in being successful developing content for LoR.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in game development using modern game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Expertise in content creation tools, particularly Maya
- A strong base understanding of C#, Python, or other related languages.
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
- Highly proficient communication skills and capacity to act as an ambassador between art and engineering
- Experience working and coordinating with external teams.
- Experience scripting tools or gameplay within Unity.
- Extensive experience developing extensions with the Maya API.
- Deep understanding of character rigging and animation
- Past roles involving the development and maintenance of a live mobile game
We greatly prefer candidates who have a portfolio of work demonstrating their past contributions as a Technical Artist. Code samples are also highly desirable. Neither of these are a requirement for applying. As a part of the application process, you might be asked to complete a test centered around technical art skills.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).