Senior Manager of Technical Program Management - Infrastructure Platform, Core Infrastructure
Job Id: REQ-0002125
Infrastructure Platform prides itself on delivering solutions across multiple games and programs. This position is on the Core Infrastructure Team (CIT) Team focusing on all the infrastructure across the world and all the services required to run, scale, and maintain high availability. The key to our success is largely dependent on the stellar ability of the Senior Manager. The Senior Manager will continue our tradition of success by having the ability to mentor teams - striving for excellence in the Program Management and Delivery Management space. The Program Manager is motivated by the desire to improve productivity and nurture program success from creation to completion.
As a leader on the Infrastructure Platform team, you will lead teams that build and operate everything from the network backbone to the servers in our data center and in the cloud. Your team will fulfill Infrastructure Platform’s vision - creating a culture of continuous improvement. You will report directly to the Director of Program Management for the Infrastructure Platform group.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of customers.
- Investigate and qualify metrics/analytics to make informed decisions and determine team success.
- Create transparency and predictability with programs by helping CIT build yearly and quarterly roadmaps.
- Create high-level program workflows, communicating and analyzing trade-offs, and eliminating impediments at the team of team level.
- Report on program performance, ensuring each program achieves value against its objective.
- Maintain partner relationships, providing visibility into work streams and maintaining partner satisfaction.
- Manage/Maintain work systems- creating efficiencies across the CIT.
- Create/Maintain forecasting tools across teams that allow predictability with program deliverables.
- Create the Continuous Improvement Roadmap for CIT.
- Be the expert in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, guiding teams to an approach that yields the best results.
- Mentor direct reports, allowing them to grow in their environments.
- 7+ years experience managing large-scale technical programs/projects.
- Previous program/project leadership role in a large distributed organization.
- Experience growing teams and direct reports to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience leading engineering teams and partners.
- Managed hardware/software products through the entire life cycle – from launch, launch, to maintaining and operating a live service.
- Led teams to achieve products to worldwide markets.
- Overseeing overall team health; it's tracked and improving.
- Knowledge of how to implement and improve workflows on Team of Team and pod level.
- Understanding of Change Management frameworks.
- Understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience managing multiple partners.
- Certified in Scaled Agile or working knowledge of Scaled Agile frameworks.
- Desire to improve Riot's ability to make the impossible happen for players.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).