Manager, Production, Gameplay (Product) - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0002158
As a Manager, Production, Gameplay (Product) at Riot, you'll work with a team of accomplished developers and guide efforts to ship creative gameplay systems, features and content to our players. The Gameplay Initiative is a collection of teams. These teams work both independently and in conjunction with each other. Your challenge is to lead this dynamic group in translating the product vision into amazing player experiences. You will also contribute to the executional strategy of Legends of Runeterra.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is Riot's collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. Reporting
to the Gameplay Initiative Lead, you have a holistic vision of product goals and priorities that you will translate to the team for execution.
- A product manager for the Gameplay Initiative and accountable for the “what” in product development
- Partner closely with the Initiative Product Lead (IPL) on translating their product vision into goals for the Product Owners
- Partner closely with data analysts and researchers in understanding our players and continue to forecast their needs and motivations
- Distill analytics and research data in advising and driving product direction
- Partner closely with Product Owners and producers in live assessment with holistic product health in mind
- Oversee product direction and KPIs
- Help define the product roadmap
- Ad hoc analyses such as scenario planning, benchmarking, and competitive analysis
- 6+ years of experience shipping games and features in a production/product management role
- 2+ years of experience in a people management role or people leadership
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with live games and regular patch cadences
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Strategic planning, feature development, iterating live service
- Experience building frameworks; bringing clarity and conciseness.
- Strong familiarity with production process (agile, scrum, waterfall) and tools (Jira, structure, Airtable)
- Experience managing and shipping in the collectible card game genre
- Passion for strategy games with an affinity to collectible card games
- Mobile game development experience
- Experience managing teams shifting from pre-production to production, from launch to live service
- Background in data and/or analytics
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).