Esports Content Executive Producer
Job Id: REQ-0002256
As Esports Content Executive Producer, you will lead a team of fellow gamers and esports professionals to develop content marketing programs that bring value, excitement, and trust to the esports audience in Europe & MENA. You will be based in Berlin and report to the Director of Esports, Europe & MENA. You'll set the pace and strategic direction for content creation in Europe & MENA, supporting Product Leads to implement their player-focused initiatives.
For LEC, you will develop the content marketing strategy and oversee and produce video and editorial content that tells the story of the teams and their stars. You will also create epic stories of the heroics and heartbreaking moments that happen weekly on Summoner's Rift. You will extend this planning, overseeing and production capabilities to the new properties developed around our new games (VALORANT, WildRift, TFT & LoR).
- You will build and run a capable content team that delivers top-notch communication and marketing efforts to European & MENA players
- You will recruit, retain, and grow content producers and agencies who'll help Riot reach its strategic goals for esports initiatives
- You will lead the Strategic & Planning Forecast for the function team, accounting for the budget execution and impact on the P&L of the business unit
- You will develop relationships with Global Esports, regional partners and outsourced vendors to prioritize esports publishing needs across the region
- Draw on your intimate understanding of our players and fans, identifying and proposing messaging that drives their engagement
- You will set goals for and track the performance of our content efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
- You have a degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar
- You have 8+ Years experience in Content and communications, with an expert level of B2C marketing (including digital) tools
- You have at least 5 years of leadership experience in Digital Content Production (marketing, branding, PR, or community)
- You can develop the skills your team needs to grow using both on-the-job and training options
- You understand your impact on the player experience because you are one of us too. You use that knowledge to improve the experience of all our games
- You have a broad vision of the European esports and media landscape
- You can explore metrics and analyze gamer trends to construct business cases that support initiatives, help establish best practices, position products and develop strategies for creative and media
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!