On-Air Talent Manager
Job Id: REQ-0002332
As Onair Talent Manager (or Manager, Shoutcasting as it's known internally), you'll lead EU esports’ on-air talent team and direct individual growth across craft, career, and brand. You will build an accomplished team that excels in their craft and that thrives on working with team members across Riot Games. You will guide and set direction across the team, navigate through opportunities, and help them to succeed on every possible occasion. You will be part of the Broadcast team and report directly to the Executive Producer.
- Lead the team. You will oversee recruiting, onboarding, and daily management. You'll not only exemplify our cultural pillars, but you also can impart them to others
- Manage your team members' career and personal brand development. You’ll want to help your team find their best performance and take their game to the next level
- Oversee the development of on-air talent skills and evaluate performance through collaboration with your Craft Lead, Broadcast Producers, and Product Leads
- Oversee budgets and expenditures, relationships with vendors, contracting and invoicing for external and guest talent or pro players
- Provide vision and guidance to set direction and spark development across global esports teams
- You bring 4+ years working with talent in entertainment, gaming, or sports broadcasting and 2+ years in people management.
- Your passion for games and esports helps you on initiatives that make a difference to players and fans
- You have experience managing a diverse team with individual aspirations and preferences and lead with a commitment to individual growth and team development
- You direct team dynamics, guide career vision setting, and ensure conflict resolution
- You know how to develop new talent into a powerful brand, and how to approach an established brand to raise it to the next level
- You take direct responsibility for the successes and failures of your team
- You enjoy collaborating and commingling with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Your diligence and structural skills mean you've got in-depth knowledge of every issue that crosses your desk; your attention is always focused on the right details
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!