Job Id: REQ-0002414
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Manager, Insights on the Regional Southeast Asia team, you will be tasked with diving into highly ambiguous problem spaces, generating insights and frameworks that’ll inform how we build our products and experiences, and collaborating closely with our regional Publishing and Esports leads, stakeholders, external product partners and with other Insights Rioters embedded throughout the company to improve our understanding of both the performance of our portfolio of games and products (Esports/IP) as well as our players and fans.
You will advise the Marketing and Publishing Team in crafting effective regional marketing strategies for Southeast Asia, and improving the viewer experience for our various esports Leagues. Projects you will drive include collecting and analyzing complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors, providing strategic insights to help develop assumptions and inform decisions, designing and build new dashboards to provide actionable insights, and sharing your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards.
Ultimately you will work closely with Marketing, Esports, Publishing and Operations teams to help make smarter decisions and build captivating experiences for our players and fans.
This role will work alongside regional leadership in evaluating our existing portfolio, and determining how we can further develop top-tier games, Esports and products. Performance in this role requires creativity, willingness to try, fail, and try again at a new approach until it’s working, and a broad familiarity with analyzing research data.
This role is based in Singapore and will report to the Head of Business Operations for SEA.
- Work with Southeast Asia Marketing, Esports and Live Services team to develop objectives, meaningful metrics, and testing strategy for initiatives
- With a focus on business health and publishing, derive insights and drive actions based on regional performance relative to goals and recent trends
- Analyze and attribute the impact of internal initiatives & external impacts on regional product KPIs
- Compare forecasted KPIs vs. Actuals. Analyze, learn from and report on meaningful deviations
- Work with Esports operational and publishing leads to develop, track and forecast viewership and business performance KPIs
- Organize the data you’ve collected into reliable intel that informs Rioters about areas where we can improve the player & fan experience in Southeast Asia
- Build Tableau dashboards for key ongoing analyses
- Craft narratives around trends to inform product and business strategy, and summarize for regional leadership and product leads
- Collaborate with each product insights team to forecast game KPIs by title on a monthly basis and socialize to product leads and regional leadership team
- Evaluation of product performance and recommendations for future product investment
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
- Deliver or collaborate on quarterly strategic analytics/research deep dives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with product and regional insights teams
- Integrate insights tools and methods into team learning and evaluation cycles
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the health of eCommerce and Growth data ecosystem
- Develop predictive systems to better manage marketing spend and improve publishing performance
- Partner with Game Teams to design, build and experiment on new publishing, monetization or engagement features for the SEA region
- Manage a small team of analysts and researchers and support their development
- Design the organization blueprint for SEA’s local insights team and the associated interfaces with global teams
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 6+ years of professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- At least 2 years of managerial experience
- Proficient with SQL-Pyspark, Databricks, and Tableau
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Knowledgeable of multimodal analyses (merging research and telemetry data streams)
- Knowledge of using and analyzing research data
- High degree of comfort with broad communication, including presenting to large groups
- High degree of comfort building reports that stand “on their own” and are able to be understood by audiences outside of the group they were generated on
- Comfort with “business thinking” and ability to develop a holistic picture of what data is required for leaders to make strategic decisions at the regional level
- Expert communication and collaboration skills
- Some problem spaces require a high degree of creativity under constraints, candidates should be comfortable with experimentation and innovation for problem spaces where no clear best practices for methods/analysis currently exist
- Graduate degree preferred or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- R/Python or any other scripting language
- Knowledge around marketing strategies, tactics, and analytics is highly preferred
- Experience with gaming, tech or consumer products
- Experience within the tech, gaming or media/entertainment industry
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.