Art Lead, UI Illustration Art - Teamfight Tactics, Little Legends
Job Id: REQ-0002430
As the UI Illustration Art Lead on the TFT Little Legends team, your craft expertise, leadership, visual storytelling and top-tier craft will help deliver engaging and rich fantasy worlds to our players. You will use your artistic eye and experience with dynamic lighting, form, material render and color to tell delightful stories. You will deepen the artists’ capacity for quality and partner closely with production leads to match high-quality illustration with timely delivery, manage and improve workflows. And you will put stylus to cintiq, using your own craft skills to inspire creativity, and keep a high quality bar by personally supporting the creation of illustrations. By closely collaborating with a team of dedicated illustrators and studio partners, concept artists, animators and game developers, you will help define and illustrate each Little Legend’s unique personality.
- Lead a team of illustrators and external partners though craft execution and mentorship and partner with Production and Art Leadership to develop high-level execution plans
- Manage the quality of the team’s work and set the bar for excellence, including hands-on craft contribution
- Set a clear vision, provide consistent feedback, build trust with your team
- Drive the development of Style Guides and Process Guides
- Work with recruiting to find great talent for the team and ensure good onboarding and offboarding
- Lead and improve team rituals to support high quality craft and individual growth
- Actively support other craft and art leads by communicating department initiatives, sharing best practices, elevating leadership at Riot, and contributing as a community member.
- Showcase ability to create high quality 2D digital Illustrations using Adobe Photoshop
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
- Experience with 2D Illustration Asset production pipelines
- Experience as an Art Lead, experience training other artists
- Experience managing direct reports, working with an on-site team of creatives
- Experience working with external vendors, giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
- AAA Game Development experience
- Familiarity with League of Legends Characters, IP Universes and Lore
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).