Player Support Partner Manager II, SEA
Job Id: REQ-0002579
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Player Support Partner Manager II, SEA, you’ll manage one or more vendor sites which may range in size from 50-250 agents who are providing direct support to players in Southeast Asia. You’ll own the relationship with these partners and be the primary contact for site leadership. You’ll be responsible for overall health, manage costs and finances for the site, and leverage a variety of approaches to ensure that it delivers on SLAs, KPIs and player expectations.
You’ll also be one of a handful of individuals responsible for defining the overall operational processes for PS vendor operations.
Your goals will be to create the right operational processes and vendor controls locally to ensure that we deliver on the intended player support experience while maintaining a reasonable balance of what Riot has to directly manage and influence, and to manage their own site to ensure a sustainable partnership, high performance, and cost efficiency.
You will work with SEA markets, with functions spanning Marketing, Publishing, Business Development, Live Services, Esports, and Shared Services. Like us, you believe extraordinary Support Operations are part brand ambassador, part customer retention, and part strategic partner. In this role you're responsible for maintaining and developing Player Support Operations vendor partner relationships and their direct impact to the business.
You will join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team is responsible for not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan). With teams in Esports, publishing, and strategy, Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building unique player experiences.
This role is based in Singapore and reports to Riot SEA’s Player Support Manager.
- Make all key operational decisions relevant to the site that they are managing (eg. evaluation of vendor leadership at that site, evaluation of hiring, where processes need to differ from the global standard, etc)
- Responsible for making financial and cost decisions related to their specific vendor site (which will typically be between $3M-$10M). Contract and financials management
- Responsible for the operational performance of their site
- Direct Vendor management - will involve working directly with vendors, and include things such as building strong relationships with PS vendors, holding them accountable as necessary, conflict resolution, understanding agent and site challenges, etc.
- Development of new operational processes (either global or site specific) and iteration on existing ones, whether to improve efficiency/efficacy, or to adapt to new requirements
- Implementation of necessary changes (new processes, changes required to support new games, etc.)
- Measuring and validating success - Will involve both ongoing vendor evaluation as well as establishing KPIs for evaluation of a project and evaluating projects using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and determining an action plan (continue, iterate, kill) for a project from there
- Significant Support craft expertise, especially in the operational space. Minimum years of related work experience: Preferably at least 3 years of management experience. Having managed a large and/or complex vendor operation
- Experience working with BPOs / Launching new Contact Centers
- Experience managing medium to large, global B2C support centers
- Understanding of Support KPIs and how to assess vendor success
- Understanding of financials and determination of ROI
- Understanding of how to hold a third party accountable to deliverables
- BS/BA Degree, MBA a plus
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence
- Ability to use varying methods to ensure results from a vendor
- Strong communication skills/ability to drive both alignment and change
- Business understanding and usage of analytics
- Project management
- Ability to lead and inspire peers
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.