Director of Technical Program Management - Infrastructure Platform
Job Id: REQ-0002586
Infrastructure Platform prides itself on delivering solutions across multiple games and programs. This position on the Infrastructure Platform Leadership Team is focused on leading the “Exiting All Datacenters by 2023” KR. This work and role requires someone working across each of the Infrastructure Platform Sub-Initiatives, League of Legends, AWS, and Valorant. The key to our success exiting the data centers is largely dependent on the integration, migration, and program management experience of the Director. The Director will continue our tradition of success by having the ability to mentor teams - striving for excellence in the Program Management and Development Management space. You will be motivated by the desire to improve productivity and nurture program success from creation to completion.
As a leader on the Infrastructure Platform Leadership team, you will lead teams that build and operate everything from the network backbone to the servers in our data center and in the cloud. Your team will fulfill Infrastructure Platform’s vision - creating a culture of continuous improvement.
You will report directly to the Head of the Infrastructure Platform group.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of customers.
- Investigate and qualify metrics/analytics to make informed decisions and determine initiative success.
- Create transparency and predictability with programs by building yearly and quarterly roadmaps for the “Exit the Datacenter by 2023” program
- Create high-level program workflows, communicating and analyzing trade-offs, and eliminating impediments at the team of teams level.
- Report on program performance, ensuring each program achieves milestones against its objective.
- Maintain partner relationships, providing visibility into work streams and maintaining partner satisfaction.
- Manage/Maintain work systems- creating efficiencies across Infrastructure Platform.
- Create/Maintain forecasting tools across teams that allow predictability with program deliverables.
- Create the Continuous Improvement Roadmap for Infrastructure Platform.
- Be the expert in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, guiding teams to an approach that yields the best results.
- Mentor direct reports, allowing them to grow in their environments.
- 10+ years experience managing large-scale technical programs/projects.
- Previous program/project leadership role in a large distributed organization.
- Experience growing teams and direct reports to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience leading engineering teams and partners.
- Managed hardware/software products through the entire life cycle – from launch, launch, to maintaining and operating a live service.
- Led teams to achieve products to worldwide markets.
- Knowledge of how to implement and improve workflows for >120 people
- Understanding of Change Management frameworks.
- Understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience managing multiple partners.
- Certified in Scaled Agile or working knowledge of Scaled Agile frameworks.
- Desire to improve Riot's ability to make the impossible happen for players.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).