Staff Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, RDX:SP
Job Id: REQ-0002602
As a part of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll collaborate to build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work across all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the RDX Service Platform Team, you'll build products and services that enable Riot developers to deploy and manage services globally. Our engineers leverage their expertise building large-scale, highly-available systems to develop and maintain products that manage the lifecycle and network connectivity of services deployed across all regions we support. Our products and expertise in cloud technology allow Riot developers to easily integrate with third party cloud services such as AWS RDS and MSK. We closely collaborate with game teams for products including League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra, and VALORANT so those teams can focus primarily on game development. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the RDX Service Platform Team.
- Create and operate tools and services that help accelerate all of Riot
- Develop and operate platforms and microservices
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms and microservices.
- Translate product requirements into technical solutions by proposing the architecture and design
- Participate in interviewing and mentor more junior engineers in both technical and soft skills
- Participate in your team’s on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building high-quality software in languages like Go, Java, Python, or any other general-purpose language.
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers through code reviews and pair programming
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
- Experience as a team lead, implementing software engineering best practices
- Experience leading the breaking down and execution of multi-month work collaborating with team leadership and regularly collaborating across other teams.
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, software at high scale
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Experience operating & maintaining live services, including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
- Understand relational databases like MySQL
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).