Competitive Operations, VALORANT Esports (Rules & Compliance)
Job Id: REQ-0002666
The Competitive Operations, VALORANT Esports (Rules & Compliance) is responsible for identifying and creating policy-based solutions that standardize best practices across the VALORANT Esports ecosystem; this is accomplished through ongoing evaluation of operational challenges and proactive review of post-event retrospectives. This person will oversee competitive integrity investigations for VALORANT esports, and will manage discipline administration by working with regions to record and maintain all disciplinary files and records. This person will draft and distribute memos regarding recent rulings and rule interpretations and communicate them to stakeholders to maintain transparency and consistency across the ecosystem.
The VALORANT Competitive Operations team is responsible for the design of the competitive ecosystem. VALORANT Competitive Operations is also responsible for crafting the rules and policies that govern the sport, investigating violations of these rules, and enforcing penalties in a fair, consistent, and transparent manner.
- You will oversee competitive integrity investigations and manage discipline administration for the VALORANT esports ecosystem.
- You will be responsible for creating, managing, and communicating all VALORANT esports rules and policies.
- You will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify gaps in operations and build guidelines that codify best practices across the ecosystem.
- You will own the memorandum process by writing, distributing, and tracking memos on rule interpretations, recent penalty rulings, and other critical competitive operations communications.
- You have a minimum of 4+years experience in the field of sports operations or internal compliance
- You have a legal or internal compliance background, and ideally have practiced law
- You are capable of using your excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively work and negotiate with internal and external partners and sponsors
- You have experience achieving excellent results collaborating with diverse teams
- You are a fan of esports
- You are a fan of VALORANT or other tactical FPS games
- You have experience participating in sports or competitive gaming
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
- Experience in the FPS genre is a plus (but not required)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.