Supervisor, Problem Management - Live Operations, Problem Management
Job Id: REQ-0002704
As a Problem Management Supervisor, you will report to Sr. Manager, Technical Program Manager in Live Operations - RUN initiative. Your primary responsibility is to lead the team of Problem Managers to track problems within our infrastructure technology and product, and identify areas of opportunity to improve the quality of product and service by applying preventative measures. You will oversee the Problem management space for Live operations. You will run and manage the Incident Command (IC) and Root cause analysis (RCA) process for Live Operations. Your work means that you are on call with other Incident Commanders, but more than that, you will sett the standard for all Incident commanders in Live Operations. Your management skills and understanding of operations will help you diagnose and communicate potential issues to Rioters and the community, improving the quality of the player experience.
- Maintain performance of the team through hiring, training, assigning and evaluating work, and taking corrective action where necessary
- Oversee the Incident Command and RCA processes for Live Operations
- Be on call as part of the Incident Command rotation
- Oversee L&D for all Incident Commanders in Live Operations
- Measure and report on KPIs related to the Incident Command and the RCA's processes
- Coordinate actions of others to assist with analysis and resolution actions for problems and known errors
- Monitor progress on the resolution of known errors and advising incident management staff on the best available workaround for incidents
- Own and maintain a KEDB (known error database) with new or updated known errors and workarounds
- Help with the handling of major incidents and identifying their root causes
- Work with other team leads in the RUN initiative and Live Operations supporting it´s vision
- 4 years experience working in technology operations
- 4 years experience in an Operational / Service Management role
- 2 years experience leading a team and managing performance.
- Understanding of basic technologies around running an online service and the advancements the industry is making
- Knowledge in general networking and system triage and configuration, understanding metrics, and action points taken during incidents from a technical perspective.
- ITIL Foundation v4 certification
- Certified Scrum Master
- Degree in information technology, information system, technical operations, or equivalent experience
- Gamer empathy for understanding impact of outages
- Experience managing teams through transitional change
- Experience supporting stakeholders, service owners and senior leadership locally and cross site.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.