Publishing Operations Specialist
Job Id: REQ-0002732
(Reopened since July)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. Riot aims to delight players by providing more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Publishing Operations Specialist, you will support the execution of game content’s creation, promotions, campaigns, and projects that bolster our players' enthusiasm. The word ‘support’ encompasses a wide range of responsibilities. This includes suggesting creative ideas to deliver effective content at the right time, managing key milestones, collaborating with each campaign/project members including external partners to complete each initiatives, and bridging the gap between player sentiment and updated game features/policies.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Support the publishing operations of Riot’s games which include League of Legends and Team Fight Tactics.
- Suggest effective and ambitious ideas for conducting promotional events and content creation. Collaborate with external partners to turn your ideas into concrete outcomes. Deeply delve into channels, influencers, and content based on a sense of unity of the players.
- Assist each game’s marketing by coordinating marketing materials and assets, publishing timelines, content operations, reporting, launch and live operations milestones.
- Manage campaign and project timelines. Attend calls and meetings, create minutes and summaries to accurately summarize the details.
- Contribute in establishing operating policies and effectively deliver them to players and colleagues.
- Avid learner: You have at least a bachelor's degree. As a recent undergraduate, you are hungry to learn new things and you always passionately try to find new ways to improve your capabilities.
- Core gamer: you are a gamer who is ready to play any kind of game regardless of the genre. You have played three or more games of Riot and are deeply immersed in at least one of them. You should possess in-depth knowledge about the game development as well as overall elements that surround a game. (e.g. lore, art, game music etc.)
- Player-focused: you are a member of the gaming community, and know about all the ins and outs of the gaming culture in Korea; you deeply understand that game publishing achievement is driven by player sentiments and feedback. You are always open to player feedback.
- Clear communicator: you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to convert a large amount of information into a clear message and utilize it to persuade players and colleagues.
- Bilingual: you are fluent in Korean and English with the context to understand and interpret both cultures.
- Strategic mindset: you are well-organized to track milestones and help the team achieve its common goal. You are also detail-oriented to identify the progress, risks, and priorities of each stage and promptly update the team.
- Experience in content or product release.
- Experience in publishing any kind of article or writing.
- Familiar with using collaboration tools or have project management certifications.
- Work experience in game marketing, eCommerce, or content/product publishing.
- Please download and complete the two application templates in this link under the "Application Instructions" section.
- Please submit the "Name_KR_ApplicationTemplate_POS" in the "Resume" section.
- Please submit the "Name_EN_ApplicationTemplate_POS" in the "Cover Letter" section.
- After completing the templates, please submit by clicking the "/Apply" button at the bottom of this page.,
- Applications will not be correctly processed if the candidate do not follow the instructions above.