Manager, Software Engineering - Player Platform, Content Access Platform
Job Id: REQ-0002731
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a wide range of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and instilling balanced accountability models for performance.
As the Engineering Manager on the Content Access team, you will be front and center in growing engineers for the (CAP) Content Access Platform service. The CAP service is a world-wide, mission-critical service which converts content definitions into entitlements for our games. Our goal is to work with game teams to provide a platform which will enables Riot to roll out games titles more reliably, quicker, and at lower cost levels than ever before. You will report to the Director of Engineering for Meta Game Systems.
- Supporting and managing a team of 8-10 software engineers ranging from associate-level to senior-level.
- Develop, track and report on team-health meaningful metrics related to performance.
- Guiding, mentoring and coaching individual contributors into effective leaders and high performing contributors.
- Establishing guidance and best-practices with regards to design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
- Owning and driving staffing plans to meet immediate and long-term resourcing needs for your team.
- Partnering with product managers to create technical solutions and implementation plans that meet desired outcomes and goals.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience.
- 5+ years experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ years experience managing Engineers
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: Java, Golang, Python, or Node
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams and disciplines
- Experience growing and scaling teams to meet business needs
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).