Director, Product Management - Game Studios
Job Id: REQ-0002699
In our Product Management Discipline at Riot, we partner with teams to create content and experiences that delight players around the world.
As the Director of Product Management for the Central Product team, reporting to the VP, Product Strategy, you will partner with Game Team leadership to support and champion their product's strategy. You'll use a combination of analytics and business discernment to study market data and player behaviors, and surface findings to game team product leaders so they can continue to build extraordinary experiences that positively impact our players' lives.
- Leadership: Serve as an expert across products, and represent the game team's perspective on business related matters to game studio leadership.
- Player Advocacy: Guide the Central Product team to help promote best practices and increase awareness of what's resonating well with Players across multiple genres.
- Product Strategy: Support Game Leaders on development of long-term strategies, work with analytics, product and design teams to improve the health of the early funnel, meta-game, and in-game economy.
- Analysis: Have an expert level understanding of all acquisition, engagement and monetization 'hooks' that help track performance and 'levers' to exercise during live service and can translate data into actions.
- Approach: Promote a safe and creative environment, evolve the vision for Riot's Central Product unit and develop Riot's Product Management Bootcamp.
- 7+ years directing or leading video game product development and Games as a Service
- Experienced in using experimentation and quantitative analysis to identify new features & tactics that positively impact metrics
- Expert level understanding of player motivations, personas and segmentations across multiple genres/franchises/platforms.
- Understanding of the pros & cons of the most bankable business models used in games (by platform).
- Have experience identifying player needs, gathering requirements from partners, building business cases, and growing game engagement, monetization and reach.
- Shipped multiple titles and have deep mobile experience
- Work well in an environment where you don't lead the product
- Can simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- 6+ years experience directly managing individuals and/or several indirect reports.
- Experience writing and consulting on specs, overcoming design challenges and taking the lead for resolving design and product strategy challenges
- Experience presenting to executive leadership
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, soft power skills, and execution that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).