Technical Writer Intern - Central QA
Job Id: REQ-0002772
As a Technical Writer, you’ll partner with the Central QA team to generate documentation for policies, processes, and procedures. As part of a growing team, your contributions will help lay the groundwork for how the team engages with their cross-company and vendor partners to achieve quality targets.
Because this role is for a centralized team, it will not directly be supporting a specific product. However, it is likely that collaboration with a specific game team will take place while representing the Central QA team. You will primarily work with leadership within the Central QA team such as QA Managers and Release Managers.
- Generate new documentation for processes, policies, and workflows for a technical audience including data analysts, QA, engineers, etc.
- Review and update existing documentation
- Identify new avenues and strategies to effectively reach a company-wide audience
- Working with cross functional teams to identify documentation needs and wants
- Attending meetings and formulating documentation/actions
- Currently enrolled in a literary, technical or creative writing or related degree program
- Returning for at least one more term following the internship
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at the indicated office during the summer
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Proficient in desktop publishing tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable when interfacing with technical audiences when writing and gathering process information/instructions.
- Demonstrates understanding of design elements.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at any given time and adjust to new priorities
- Experience visualizing data and creating process charts/flow diagrams
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Applications Close October 31st 11:59pm PT and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.