Broadcast Engineer in Charge (EIC)
Job Id: REQ-0003026
As part of its drive to continuously innovate and advance its digital broadcast and production capabilities, as well as super serve players and fans, Riot Games and its Esports Technology Group is growing to enable efficient, game-agnostic production of Esports content, globally, through technical innovation, standardized workflows, and shared infrastructure.
We are looking for a skilled broadcast engineer (EIC) to join our team to help shape and drive the operation and maintenance of the production layer and supporting technologies at Riot's remote broadcast operations with global reach. In this role, you will be an integral part of the organization's leadership team and you will report to the Technical Operations Manager. The position is based in the greater Dublin area.
- Maintain the production and technical infrastructures within the center. This includes production equipment and spaces, content management platform, communications systems, graphics, video systems, processing and transcoding and the Engineering core
- Determine methods and procedures on new work efforts for you / your wider team / region and operate independently with little instruction day to day
- Experience and level of comfort solving highly complex and diverse problems that requires an ability to evaluate multiple variables
- Maintain control, efficiency, and visibility over the center's technology, its maintenance and serve as a point of escalation for the on-site team to analyze, troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Monitor and manage on premise and cloud resources
- Coordinate production activities with the other technical centers
- Work with the Esports engineering and IT teams to create better in-house systems for movement and management of content, monitoring streams and enhancing quality of service metrics
- Performing regular reporting on performance of the centers by identifying and tracking data for KPI
- Bachelor's or Technical degree in an applicable field
- Five years' experience working in a video ecosystem, with strong fundamentals in live video content production workflows and related production technologies
- 6+ years experience in a senior IC (EIC), supervisory or management role
- Proven experience working in a dynamic environment that requires a steady volume of high level details, the challenge of identifying and tracking critical paths, complex dependencies, and executing deliverables successfully
- Deep understanding of SMPTE standards, various video processing codecs and formats
- Experience working with IP video & audio infrastructure - SMPTE 2110, Dante, NDI
- Knowledge of media processing and quality control tools
- Ability to work on productivity softwares (Google, Word, Excel)
- Valid driver's license
- Certifications from Cisco or AWS
- Experience in a live event production operation (preferably sports), within a broadcast team environment, working under strict time deadlines
- Ability to implement and sustain orchestrated automated workflows
- Experience with streaming and OTT technologies, protocols, and practices, monitoring and compliance
- Knowledge to manage enterprise switches and routers
- Knowledge or experience of metadata concepts and feed formats (XML, JSON)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.