Manager, Software Engineering - Infrastructure Platform, CIT
Job Id: REQ-0003264
As a part of the Riot Core Infrastructure Team, you'll be part of the core group of engineers that build our infrastructure that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work across all infrastructure and game teams to automate all aspects of our infrastructures to enable teams to be more efficient and productive. If you are looking to have an impact across different aspects of Riot infrastructure, join us and pioneer solutions that will help us scale to the next level.
As an Engineering Manager on the CIT (Core Infrastructure) Team, you’ll be leading a team that is focused enabling Riot engineers to reduce toil and inefficiency via tooling and automation. You will support the team as it collaborates with other teams across not just infrastructure but also across Riot to solve critical problem areas where tooling and automation are keys to the solution.
- Manage a team of 2-6 software engineers, coaching them, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Stay hands-on with your team’s tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working closely with your team’s technical lead.
- Grow the team through hiring and construct an efficient onboarding process for new team members .
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer.
- 1+ years experience directly leading an engineering team
- Expertise with full software development life cycle
- Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
- Understand core infrastructure services, distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
- Experience operating and supporting agile development, production services, and high availability
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).