Senior Software Engineer, Build & Release - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0003331
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive build and automation technology and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. As a Senior Software Engineer focused on focused on Build & Release within R&D, you’ll leverage (and grow) the breadth of your knowledge on CI/CD, automation, and game development, to best empower R&D Game Teams. You’ll work in a cross-disciplinary team, and collaborate deeply with Game Teams directly, to grow specific solutions into shared foundations impacting all of R&D. You will report to the engineering manager of the project.
- Design, implement, maintain, and extend the build and automation ecosystem used by many new Riot games, across all platforms
- Take an integral part of a multidisciplinary Core Tech Team to identify focus areas, opportunities, and needs across all Game Teams
- Join forces with R&D Game Teams to empower their workflows, and bring back the result into our shared ecosystem
- Lead and contribute to cross-team architectural designs and standards on build and automation, and implement relevant tools, workflows, processes and systems
- Collaborate with teams throughout Riot to leverage their expertise and solutions, and help shape the technical direction of Riot’s shared game development ecosystem
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with Build & Automation Systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- General experience with Game Development
- Experience with C#, C++ and Game Programming
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams
- Experience with many of the tools in a game developer’s toolbox, and the curiosity and desire to learn even more of them
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).