Senior Manager, UX Design - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0003399
Legends of Runeterra is the strategy card game where skill defines your success—not luck. Launched in April 2020, Legends of Runeterra continues to grow and evolve with new cards, new features, and new ways to play.
As the Senior Manager, User Experience Design on Legends of Runeterra, you’ll support leadership by managing and growing a small, high performing team of experience designers working to deliver a cohesive player experience across the game. You’ll inform best practices in planning, workflows, tooling, rituals and production pipelines to create the environment for successful collaborative design to happen. You’ll also deliver hands-on experience design work in one of the many complex and ambiguous problem spaces we’re tackling. In this role you’ll work from strategy through development and collaborate with other UX designers, game designers, visual designers, motion artists, product owners, and technologists to achieve our goals.
- Manage and level-up a small team of full-time UX designers, providing feedback as needed
- Work with leadership across the game and company to establish best-practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies
- Forecast and plan resourcing to ensure UX needs across the initiatives are met.
- Hire and manage contractors to address short term or temporary needs.
- Collaborate within and across teams to design large-scale products for players
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to team members
- Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flow.
- Create appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Build wireframes and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation. Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering support) to show proof of concept.
- 7+ years experience designing games, digital experiences, products, or platforms as a Lead or Principal User Experience Designer, Information Architect, Interaction Designer or similar.
- An inspiring professional portfolio with examples of your past work.
- At least 2 years of management experience for Games or live services
- Professional experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch and other industry design and prototyping tools
- A minimum of a BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Broad or secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, prototyping, visual design, ui animation etc.
- A passion for, or an interest in strategy games, board games or card games
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).