Accounts Payable Team Lead
Job Id: REQ-0003395
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As Accounts Payable Team Lead, you'll be a part of a team that guards the integrity of accounts payable sub-ledgers and everything it touches, maintaining constant vigilance for sustaining accurate payments to our vendors. Your will be part of a team that always looks for ways to improve the process and exceed the expectations of our customers. You should have a focus on accurate work in high-volume environments. The AP Team Lead will support the AP Manager by working with a broad range of Rioters to ensure that their vendors navigate through the payment process.
- Invoice entry into ERP applications
- Work and communicate with vendors and Rioters to handle any of their concerns
- Provide guidance, direction and training to AP team members and business personnel to resolve matters related to vendor invoice-to-payment issues.
- Track down the right partners to secure approvals
- Reconcile Purchase Orders to invoices, and validate coding in the ERP system
- Help train new team members on policies, procedures, and AP systems
- Serve the varied needs of all contacts
- Support AP inbox management and distribute and assign emails to the various members
- Thoroughly review contracts and reconcile to Purchase Orders and invoices.
- Help lead and mentor a team of five AP specialists
- At least 5 years of experience trekking the accounts payable trail and have been a part of large teams
- Experience using Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) to turn raw numbers into meaningful financial data, pivoting, formulating and macro-ing
- Comfortable working with outside vendors and working with fellow Rioters, especially when resolving their payable woes
- Experience leading teams of staff
- Experience with Oracle, SAP or other ERP applications
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.