QA Engineer II - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003504
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing in service of a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer II on an Unpublished R&D Product, you will support the QA process for multiple areas and teams. You will work with software engineers, content developers, artists, producers and project managers to create value for Players around the world by running complex tests and designing processes for efficient testing across multiple platforms. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to ensure the execution of quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle. You will also be tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed. You will report to a Senior QA Manager.
- Your execution of quality activities (testing, risk assessment) impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the teams you support as well as the whole product. You will have specific recommendations for improvements on the development process and quality of the products you work on.
- You solve complex problems by innovating on best practices, and implement new ways of approaching and mitigating quality risks.
- You need little instruction on day-to-day work, and you are able to operate independently, while also instructing other QA and external testers in their day to day tasks.
- Your skills show expertise in one area, and you are able to deploy a variety of craft elements to solve increasingly complex problems.
- Experience designing and executing test plans.
- Experience managing components of a defect database.
- Experience tasking remote testers and providing feedback on effectiveness.
- Experience testing and shipping on multiple platforms in a lab setting.
- Experience creating custom reports on test coverage and defect data.
- 3+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with success leading testing efforts on a team.
- Experience working on meta systems, products with a frequent update cycle, and competitive games.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications (or equivalent for all below):
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes sustainable development decisions. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.