Narrative Editor II - Entertainment, Forge
Job Id: REQ-0003583
As Narrative Editors at Riot, we work in an interdisciplinary environment with writers, designers, artists, and engineers to bring shared ideas to life. We use our craft expertise and understanding of nuance to collaboratively build new environments and characters that resonate with players and make their gameplay experience memorable.
As a Narrative Editor on Riot Forge, you will work closely with the Creative Director and our studio partners to support writers in creating globally-appealing, vivid characters and stories that delights players. You will also collaborate across Riot to uphold a standard of narrative excellence and a strong comprehension of product goals and player experience.
- Collaborate with studios and their writing teams to support the production of compelling Narrative resonant with the LoL IP.
- Collaborate with Riot's China studio to support Forge in further Narrative projects.
- Be responsible for the Narrative craft and IP consistency on assigned game projects.
- Support writers and narrative partners through scheduling, creating documentation, tracking drafts, reviewing files, and copy editing.
- Encourage LoL IP cohesion across Riot by identifying and creatively addressing potential cross-product conflicts or opportunities..
- Seek and implement feedback from playtests, partners, and leadership to continuously improve content.
- Support the Narrative discipline by sharing best practices, elevating Narrative quality on League, and contributing as a community member.
- 5+ years of editing or writing experience.
- 2+ years of experience editing or writing for video games or other interactive media.
- Native level bilingual English/Mandarin.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and Skins universes.
- Experience developing narrative for games, especially in large existing IPs.
- Experience working with external partners and giving and taking feedback.
- Portfolio of published writing in Mandarin and/or English.
- Familiarity learning and working in proprietary software.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.