Senior Manager, Product Management (Compliance and Release) - Riot Game Operations
Job Id: REQ-0003638
As a Sr. Manager, Central Compliance and Release in Riot Game Operations (RGO), you'll join our effort to make building and delivering player experiences at Riot easy, scalable and sustainable.
You will build and lead the Central Compliance and Release team, dedicated to ensure a unified customer experience for all things compliance and release, and drive alignment with Riot leadership, development teams, and partner teams on overall approach and working agreements as the de facto support partner. Your team is accountable to ensure that compliance is a valuable, predictable, and scalable service that Riot game teams rely on as part of their normal release and validation processes, removing the burden of legal, regional, and platform specific compliance processes and regulations. You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Riot Game Operations.
- Build and manage the Central Compliance and Release team within RGO, while collaborating and strategizing with other leaders both inside and outside RGO
- Manage complex projects and strategy, and work across various groups including Games, Platforms, Legal and Publishing teams to create timelines and requirements, and ensure that adequate tracking and follow up is implemented.
- Oversee the broader product discovery process to proactively identify new products and engage and educate product managers about compliance and release operations
- Lead team in presenting agreed-upon recommendations to a variety of stakeholders, including senior leadership, game leads, department heads (concise documents and presentations)
- Establish a communication process that is inclusive of all business needs and provides visibility to leadership on compliance and release statuses, risks and opportunities
- Able to inspire and influence employees at every level to embrace compliance and release initiatives
- Comfortable in communicating with all levels of staff and executives at Riot
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a product management/compliance/release management or related role
- Minimum of 4 years of game industry experience, directly working with senior leaders
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a people management role or people leadership
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members through compelling communications, demonstrating operational excellence, empathetic partnership and leading with domain expertise
- In-depth understanding of compliance and release concepts (to include content clearance, accessibility standards, local and regional compliance requirements, game certification and submissions processes)
- Demonstrated experience establishing metrics-driven programmatic approach to strategic initiatives
- Ability to break problems into discrete solvable components and apply rigorous logic to arrive at solutions
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating meetings that are inclusive and engaging
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.